Fall is the season of gratitude, and we continue to appreciate and celebrate the arts and the artists who have helped shape our beloved community. This year’s Claremont Museum of Art Gala on Sunday, October 4 will be a virtual event featuring a video program, boxed dinners from Spaggi’s, and an art auction featuring a wide variety of enticing items for art lovers.
Everyone is invited to watch the premiere of CMA’s “Gala at Home” program at 7 p.m. on October 4 on the Claremont Museum of Art YouTube channel.
- A virtual tour through the new exhibition, Inside Out: Emerging from Isolation, featuring recent work by 28 area artists
- A showcase of Project ARTstART, the museum’s arts education program for emerging student artists
- An insider’s look at the newly seismically-retrofitted rooms, with schematics envisioning the finished galleries and new community room. The pandemic has not stopped CMA from moving forward with exciting plans for Phase 2.
Preview begins on September 30. Bidding starts at 7:30 pm on October 4 and continues through October 11.
- Paintings by Fr. Bill Moore SS.CC, Phil Dike, James Strombotne, James Fuller and Rebecca Hamm
- Ceramic Torso by Harrison McIntosh, bronze horse by Barbara Beretich, glass by Paul Brayton, mask by Dee Marcellus Cole and jewelry by Ahlene Welsh
- Alluring destinations and more…
- Special box dinners from Spaggi’s with a selection of three tasty entrees, delicious sides and a dessert for $50
- Available for curbside pickup at the Claremont Museum of Art from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday, October 4
- Take your dinner home to enjoy with your favorite libations
The gala celebrates the important role art plays in all of our lives and CMA’s commitment to promoting the arts in our local community. Many thanks to our Gala Sponsors and to Gould Asset Management LLC for generously sponsoring the Inside Out exhibition.
Gold Gala Sponsors
Claremont Lincoln University
The Reisman Family (in memory of David Reisman)
Silver Gala Sponsors
Mary and Fritz Weis