(October 23, 2012) – The Claremont Museum of Art presents the 9th Annual Art Fiesta on Sunday, November 4 with an outdoor art show under shady olive trees of the beautifully restored Padua Hills Theatre. Visitors will watch “art in action”, shop for books, enjoy folk music, tacos and Jamaica punch. This year’s exhibit will feature original Fiesta artists Rupert Deese and Harrison McIntosh.
First held in 1953, the Padua Hills Art Fiesta was organized by local artists to bring art into the community. Revived by the Claremont Museum of Art in 2011, the tradition continues today with a new generation of artists sharing their talents.
- Sunday, November 4, from 11am to 4pm at 4467 Padua Ave., Claremont. Tickets are $8 for adults, CMA members $6 and children under 18 are free.
- Over twenty area Artist will display and sell their work including Paul Brayton, Leslie Codina, Gina Lawson Egan, Gary Geraths, Crispin Gonzales, Kathryn Herrman, Joyce Hesslegrave, Mike Hill, Carolyn Lee Howard, Mary Hughes, Aleta Jacobson, Nancy Macko, Andree Mahoney, Marciano Martinez, Richard Martinez, Kathleen McCall, Carolyn Ruis, Ann Seltzer, David Svenson, Ahlene Welsh, Jan Wheatcroft and Rhys Williams.
- Art Demonstrations will include ceramists from the AMOCA Ceramic Studios, craftsmen from Maloof Woodworkers, CCAA Museum of Art watercolor painters and artists from the dA Center for the Arts.
- An Art Exhibit, Rummy & Harry: 60 Years in the Studio, will showcase the ceramics of Rupert Deese and Harrison McIntosh. Photographs and historic materials will highlight their long friendship and the studio they shared since 1950.
- Students from Project ARTstART will lead children in creative Art Activities.
- Visitors will enjoy Folk Music and Festive Foods from Casa de Salsa, Spaggi’s and Robertson Roasted Almonds.
- And don’t miss the Book Sale and Raffle with a chance to win an original ceramic work by Rupert Deese or Harrison McIntosh.
- In addition to the Theatre parking lots, a Shuttle Service will be provided from Padua Park.
Special thanks to Art Fiesta major sponsors: Dale Bros. Brewery, Mt. San Antonio Gardens and Wheeler-Steffen Prudential. And to supporters: Sandy Baldonado; Luzma Brayton; Barbara Brown; Dr. Linda and Mr. Paul DesMarais; Janice and Larry Hoffman; Neil and Sue Hyland; Dr. Janet Myhre; Marilyn Ray and Robertson Roasted Almonds.
Photos available upon request. Studio visits and artist interviews can be arranged.